05 June 2012

Dusting off the old journal

It's been about five months since I've posted anything on here.  Chalk it up to how busy I've been, a sudden lack of confidence in my writing, or just a general shift of priorities in my life as of late.  Or perhaps all of the above.

Updates on my life, the short version:


I had some depression issues back in the winter, and my doctor prescribed regular exercise (as well as a low-dose mood elevator) as treatment.  Hence, a great deal of my free time has been spent at the gym.  She also prescribed more sleep, which means I haven't been staying up 'til 1 or 2 in the morning on work nights writing blog posts.

My wife and I bought a house last month, and since then most of my free time is now spent doing various projects to make said house comfortably habitable.  Painting, wiring, caulking, braving the fiberglass jungle that is our attic to install ceiling fan brackets, et cetera.  It's as though I've started a second full-time job.

I've still been following the goings-on in the skeptic/atheist movements, but that's really moved to the back burner in my life as of late.  I am going to start posting more, though.  Sometimes I just need to rant.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License