22 August 2011

"On the vilification of secular humanists" - post at Skeptic Freethought

My first post at Skeptic Freethought went up yesterday!  I revisited the topic of ridiculous claims made about secular humanists by the Religious Right.  This time I took a more serious tone compared to my earlier sarcastic rebuttal.  I also examined why the "good without God" message of secular humanism would be so alarming to a religious fundamentalist.

Is this message so threatening that it warranted vandalism?

To sum up my thoughts on the matter:
It’s because, framed within a worldview in which a sly Devil seeks to trick gullible humans into abandoning faith for worldly concerns, a friendly and inviting godless philosophy is far more dangerous than an aggressive militant adversary.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License