03 April 2011

Now Entering the Blogosphere

Here's hoping I don't burn up like an insignificant meteor.  I'm starting this blog primarily to spare my Facebook friends from rants most of them don't care to read.  It'll give me the freedom to speak my mind without offending anyone in the voluntarily captive audience of the news feed, and I just might find an appropriate audience here for what I have to say.


For what it's worth, I'll give prospective readers and commenters a few basic caveats about myself and what I intend to write about.


First, I don't believe in any gods or supernatural forces, and it would take some considerably compelling evidence to change that fact.  I haven't found any such evidence so far, and I've spent a lot of time considering what I believe and why I believe it.  Unless you're truly bringing something new to the table that I can't possibly have heard before, trying to "convert" or "save" me is going to be a waste of time and energy.


Second, speaking my mind is bound to offend somebody out there.  I really try to keep my criticisms of others as constructive as possible, but some things people do make me so angry that I really don't have anything nice to say.  If you think I'm being unfair to a person or group, say so and say why, and I'll take it into consideration and correct myself if I was wrong.


Third, I'm not an expert in anything and don't profess to be one.  That doesn't mean I can't understand a subject well enough to form an opinion of it, but I'm not going to argue with anyone on here about topics like evolution or the Big Bang (no matter how much I may want to) because I'm not a biologist or physicist.  There are plenty of educational resources out there (including actual experts!) for you to consult for that sort of thing.


And with that, I launch my new blog.  Time will tell what happens next.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License